When you apply for a role or create an account with us we collect information from you, we want you to be clear how we’re using that information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
• What information we collect and why we collect it.
• How we use that information.
• The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms, such as cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to us, so whether you are new to us or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions, contact us.
Who are we?
Our company name is Aspirational Pub Company Ltd, with a registered address of 151 The Parade, Watford, Herts., WD17 1NA.
If you have concerns about how your data is used, please email Aaron Moore-Saxton Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Information that we collect
We collect information in the following ways:
● Information you give us, such as the information you give us when applying for a job and/or creating an account with us
● Information generated during the recruitment process, such as mails, notes, or changes in the state of your candidature. When information is associated with your application, we treat it as personal information. For more information about how you can access, manage or delete information that is associated with your application, please visit the Transparency and choice section of this policy.
How we use information that we collect
Your information is processed by Employment4students.co.uk Limited (data processor), on behalf of Aspirational Pub Co Ltd (data controller).
We collect and process your information for the sole purposes of:
● Processing your application for a role at Aspirational Pub Co Ltd
● Informing you of any relevant jobs advertised with us by email, text or phone depending on your preferences
We do this under data privacy law as a legitimate interest to provide you with the best service. We process your personal information on our servers in the EU and use third parties that may process your personal information in countries outside the EU. We will make sure that there is an adequate level of protection in these countries. For example we use an email provider located in the United States so we have made sure that they participate in the Privacy Shield Framework.
Your rights, transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
● Review and update your personal data in your account dashboard, for example which alerts you are registered for.
● View and edit your privacy settings, for example which job alerts you are registered for and what we contact you about.
● Follow the progress of applications you have made with us and withdraw them at any point in the process.
● Request to update your personal data or a copy of all the information we have about you. We may ask you to identify yourself in this case.
● Permanently delete your account.
How long do we keep your information for?
If your candidature is unsuccessful or you withdraw your application, we will keep your application form and related data for 6 months. We have a legal obligation to keep it for that long.
After 12 months of inactivity on your account we will send you an email to let you keep the account active, otherwise your data will be permanently deleted from our system.
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org/concerns or write to them at:
Information Commissioner’s Office